|Automation Grade|| Semi-Automatic|
The pneumatic system would make use of pipes or ducts called transportation lines that carry the mixture of materials and a stream of air. These materials are such as dry pulverized or free-flowing or light powdery materials. These materials can be transported conveniently to various destinations by means of a stream of high-velocity air through pipelines. Products are moved through various tubes via air pressure, allowing for extra vertical versatility.
The pneumatic conveying system uses a simple, small-diameter pipeline to transfer material. The pipeline can be arranged with bends to fit around existing equipment, giving the system more layout flexibility, and the system also has a relatively small footprint. The system is totally enclosed and typically has few moving parts.Benefit:
- Prevention of losses and contamination of material due to conveying in a closed system.
- Plants are readily adaptable to prevailing local conditions.
- Minimum space requirement.
- Ease of operation by the unskilled person.
- Low maintenance cost.
- Inherent reliability of operation.
- Lengthy service life.
- Dust - Free.
- Better rate and performance
- Much easier for multiple destinations
- Smaller receiver/separator
- Ideal for long distance conveying